Episcopal Urban Intern Program
Los Angeles, CA
The Episcopal Urban Intern Program (EUIP) in Los Angeles is a year of service program of the Jubilee Consortium (a group of inner city Episcopal parishes in LA working together to effect meaningful social change within their communities).
EUIP’s mission is to provide young adults with the opportunity to engage social issues through direct service while enjoying the space to grow and learn through engagement with unique, diverse voices, ideas, and experiences that will challenge and empower them. Through this year of service and intentional community, EUIP equips young adults to challenge injustice and prepares them to be leaders in the pursuit of justice and equity for all people.
Each fall, EUIP recruits our corps from all across the United States to live in spiritual community, develop relationships within local Episcopal congregations, and work for change by serving full-time in some of Los Angeles’ most innovative and effective social service agencies. These agencies provide corps members with meaningful engagement opportunities in exploring the problems of and possible solutions to social injustice in a city that is full of great beauty and rich culture – as well as great poverty and need.
EUIP is one of the founding members of the Episcopal Service Corps and it is the longest continuously serving domestic Year-of-Service program in the Episcopal Church. We’ve been providing a space for exploration and discernment, pursuing social justice, and serving communities of need in LA for over 25 years.
EUIP partners with agencies committed to addressing:
- Immigration & Refugee Services
- Disparities in urban education & access to college prep
- Special Education Services
- At-risk youth
- College Chaplaincy
- Health justice & medical/legal advocacy
- Food justice & Urban Agriculture
- A monthly stipend
- A community food/living allowance
- Free housing & utilities
- Annual Metro (Public Transit) Pass
- Student Loan Deferment eligibility
- Extensive support services including:
- Spiritual/Professional Mentorship
- Quarterly Retreats
- Curriculum based study and discussion opportunities
- Professional Development
- Networking opportunities with alumni and partners.
EUIP is seeking applicants who:
- Are between 21-29 years old
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Are eager to develop their spirituality (based in their own faith beliefs)
- Are passionate about social justice, serving communities of need, and sharing new experiences
- Are ready to grow and be challenged in a supportive environment that encourages critical thinking and compassionate action
EUIP is a diverse, unique, and creative corps composed of passionate recent college graduates with hearts for change. Join us!
To view a short video on EUIP, click here.
To find out about our current corps members, read their blog:
To learn more about Jubilee Consortium, visit: